I am in the middle of grading term papers, and thought I might share my five most recent student bloopers (I’m now up to 57!).
53) “God allows evil to exist although He can easily defeat goodness.”
(Sure, but why would he want to?)
54) “The contrast view originated from felix culpa.”
(This student thinks felix is the name of a person. If so, it’s one of the worst names you could give your child: “Good morning, Happy Fault.”)
55) Barth didn’t believe “in original sin, which was transmitted by Adam and Eve to their posterior.”
(The student meant “posterity,” but this does explain why Adam and Eve so desperately tried to cover their butts).
56) “After the period of tribulation, Jesus will bind Satan and return to sit on his throne and reign for 1,000 years.”
(That is a long time to sit in one place, unless one has a remote. Is this evidence that Jesus really is American?)
57) “Old Earth Creationism rejects Darwin’s theory of natural selection but recognizes science’s findings that the earth is much, much older than Young Earth Creationists.”
(So the saying that Ken Ham is older than dirt is just hyperbole?)